It was a sad, sad night in the Moore house last night. My husband who is a sergeant with the Army National Guard helped me do a physical assessment for an upcoming challenge for the month of February. I was to see how many sit-ups and push-ups I could complete…Hah! I was not able to do one..yet! So, the hubs then showed me some other exercises modified to do to build up to being able to do a full push-up and sit-up. I learned how to do butterfly kicks, the rocky crunch, girly push-up and plank. He also had to work extensively with me on my arm form while attempting push-ups because of my weird double jointed elbows that don’t want to bend right. I can’t for whatever reason get my elbows to bend back properly. So, I am practicing turning my hands in and pushing with my elbows out. I know it was probably a disappointment to my husband how pitiful I probably looked as I couldn’t even bring my self up for a full sit up. But, I vow to not give up and work on other exercises that will help with my range of motion.
My challenge for the month of February is to do sit-ups, push-ups, and squats every day except for Sunday and build up from 10 to 100 on the sit-ups and squats and from 3 to 35 on push-ups. Whooosh! I have a huge challenge ahead of me, but I accept it fully!
I am so grateful though for my husband’s help. And, I don’t want to disappoint him, so even this morning before work I got up and worked on doing some butterfly kicks, wall push-ups, and some crunches. I know I have a long road ahead of me but I feel like I’m finally on the right path. I do want to be healthier. I do want to get my confidence in myself back again.
So here’s my summary of yesterday:
January 30, 2013 Summary
- Exercise at least 30 minutes every day for 90 days straight: Done-Walked on my lunch break for about 20 minutes. Worked with my husband in the evening on doing push-ups, sit-ups, butterfly kicks, rocky crunches, regular crunches, and wall push-ups.
- Get up and exercise in the morning every day for 30 days straight: Did not do-slept in again…
- Drink at least 64 oz of water a day: Done-Drank 9 cups of water=72 oz.
- Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables a day for 90 days straight:Done-Lunch had 7 servings of vegetables (cucumber, carrots, spinach, broccoli, yellow bellpepper, green leaf lettuce, and avocado); Dinner had 2-3 servings of vegetables (avocado, cucumber, and lettuce). Total=9 servings for the day!
- Take the stairs every day at work for a month: Done! Took the stairs 2 times yesterday inside the building.
So, on to today and making healthy choices for today! I hope everyone has a great day! ~Charity :)